- Actual residential electric and natural gas utility bills.
- Specific data on each of approximately twenty-one thousand individual households.
- For each household, their income before taxes, overall consumer expenditures, age, home ownership.
- For the twenty-five states with specific data on at least four hundred surveyed households: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin.
- Based on the U.S. Labor Department semiannual twelve-month survey of nearly twenty-nine thousand households for their actual expenditures including their actual electric and natural gas utility service bills.
- Latest update is for the twelve-month survey ending December 2018. Next update will be for the twelve-month survey ending December 2019, available this fall.