- Actual monthly residential electric and natural gas utility bills.
- Specific data on each of over nine thousand individual households.
- For each household, their income before taxes, overall consumer expenditures, age, home ownership.
- For the twenty metro areas with specific data on at least three hundred surveyed households: Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, San Diego-Carlsbad, Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Miami-Ft. Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, Baltimore-Columbia-Towson, Washington-Arlington-Alexandria (Maryland and Virginia households separately), Boston-Cambridge-Newton, Detroit-Warren-Dearborn, Minneapolis-St.Paul-Bloomington, New York- Newark-Jersey City (New Jersey and New York households separately), Philadelphia- Camden-Wilmington (New Jersey and Pennsylvania households separately), Dallas-Ft. Worth-Arlington, Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue.
- Based on the same semiannual twelve-month survey of nearly twenty-nine thousand households.
- With the same survey frequency and history.